Thursday, December 31, 2020

Dating profiles, what they say and what they mean

People write all kinds of things in their profiles because it's what they think others want to hear. (Keyword: think) Let's take a look at 7 of these generic lines and then define what they actually mean.

1. What you say: I'm just as comfortable in a little black dress (or tux) as I am in jeans and a T-shirt.

What you're trying to say: I can be ready for any occasion so you don't think I can't be your date to something important to you.

What we know you really mean: Honestly, I'd rather be in my oversized sweatpants on the couch most nights (hello, this is 2020 standard attire anyway), but I don't want you to think I'm a loser, so I'll tell you I'm just as comfortable in a tux. The reality? I don't think I've ever worn a tux, and if I have, I definitely didn't tie my own bow tie.

2. What you say: I love to laugh and have fun.

What you're trying to say: I'm easy-going, light-hearted, and I won't bring drama to the relationship.

What we know you really mean: I want you to think I'm normal and don't freak out when I'm losing my “Bachelor” pool or cry when I burn my toast every other third morning.

3. What you say: I'm not looking for a hookup.

What you're trying to say: I want you to know I'm looking for something serious.

What we know you really mean: I got burned in the past many, many times. I'd actually be up for a casual relationship if we're not the right fit for the long term, but I know that's not what you want to hear, so I'll go in the complete other direction…

Read more

chat photo



source http://www.forcesalign.com/dating-profiles-what-they-say-and-what-they-mean/

No comments:

Post a Comment